Participate in This Event or find another event
Friday, May 8, 2015
Five County Stadium
1510 Nc Highway 39, Zebulon, NC Map it
Already a participant?
Log in here
Total above may not reflect all participants, teams, and donations
Congratulations to our FIRST EVER Spotlight Team of the Month:
Pirates of the CURE-ibbean!!
Here are a couple of Q&As to get to know your spotlight team!
1. Team Name: Pirates of the CURE-ibbean
2. Team Captain Name(s): Kathe Schaecher, Allison Klepchick, Honorary co-captain Russell Denton (just because he is so AWESOME)
3. How much money did you raise last year?: $11,304.00
4. How many people are on your team?: I believe we will have about 15 this year!
5. What type of team are you? How did you find each other?: October 2011, Allison and Kathe had a fundraiser during the Wendell Harvest Festival outside the salon. Kathe’s son sold lemonade and treats. Allison and Kathe did pink feathers and pink hair extensions. We raised over $600. We were planning to give it to the team Allison was currently on, but we looked at each other and said, "what else can we do to raise money?" Sooooo we started our own team. Allison found the name of our team and I found our next fundraiser- Pirates of the CURE-ibbean's Womanless Beauty Pageant :) where we raised over $9000. And the rest is history!
6. How long have you been Relaying?: Allison has been Relaying SINCE 2005 and introduced Kathe to Relay For Life in 2011.
7. Why did you start a Relay team?: Allison had an Aunt battling cancer for several years. She lost her Aunt last year to cancer.
Kathe does not have cancer in her family but lost her son in 2012 to a rare blood disease. He and Kathe spent every Monday for 4 years in Pediatric Cancer Center. She knew she had to do something for these kids after she lost her son.
8. What is your favorite Relay memory?:
Kathe - Allison have a battle of the co-captains at the relay event. My very favorite memory is our first battle. We dressed up at relay and drew a huge crowd. It was announced that I raised the most money and our team gave me the pie to throw at Al. Then she surprised me with a pie in the face!!! It was hilarious!!! And we raised a lot of money. People are crazy, everyone wants to see someone get a pie thrown at them.
Allison - Allison’s favorite memory is The Pink Glove Dance. When we got all the local businesses involved. We had firemen, public works department, and survivors to wear pink gloves and shake their money maker.
9. What is your best fundraising advice?: HAVE FUN!!! Make fundraising fun. We always make the point of why we are really here. But we make everything we do fun.
10. What’s the one word that best describes your team?: #OVERTHETOP ;)
The American Cancer Society Relay For Life is the world's largest and most impactful fundraising event to end cancer. It unites communities across the globe to celebrate people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and take action to finish the fight once and for all. Today, with the support of thousands of volunteers like you, the American Cancer Society is helping save more than 400 lives a day. And we won't stop until we finish the fight against cancer! Please join us!
Event sponsored by: