Participate in This Event or find another event
Friday, May 15, 2015
Bunn High School
29 Bunn Elementary School Rd, Bunn, NC Map it
Already a participant?
Log in here
Total above may not reflect all participants, teams, and donations
Congratulations to our FIRST EVER Spotlight Team of the Month:
First Baptist Church of Louisburg!
Here are a couple of Q&As to get to know your spotlight team!
1. Team Name: First Baptist Church – Louisburg
2. Team Captains: Gay Thomas-Jones and Alice Neal
3. How much money did you raise in 2014?: $3,095.00
4. How many people are on your team?: We have 8 members that actually work with the team but several others that are older and health will not allow them to do much active participation. They do get to relay on that Friday evening which is really nice.
5. What type of team are you?: Faith-based
6. How long have you been Relaying and why did you start a team?: Gay started working with Relay through the excitement and encouragement of a friend whose church had a team. Little did she know 5 years after her team was formed, doctors would tell her she had cancer in her nasal passage. Excitement and more people joined to support her team as 6 others in her church family were diagnosed with cancer too. We take it serious as not only the members were diagnosed but others in our families were as well.
7. What is your best fundraising advice?: I think people feel good when they see local people come together for Relay, which is so worthy, and the need to help just $1.00 could go towards helping our efforts. We started just asking people for support in any way they could and we've never had anyone that did not do something. Not one!
8. What word best describes your team and Relay?:There are several a words that come to mind when I think Relay for Life! "Togetherness," that's one thing Relay For Life does! People see and know how cancer can touch anyone so they understand more today I think. It was a hush hush topic 50 years ago.
The American Cancer Society Relay For Life is the world's largest and most impactful fundraising event to end cancer. It unites communities across the globe to celebrate people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and take action to finish the fight once and for all. Today, with the support of thousands of volunteers like you, the American Cancer Society is helping save more than 400 lives a day. And we won't stop until we finish the fight against cancer! Please join us!