Participate in This Event or find another event
Fri., April 25 to Sat., April 26, 2014
6:00 PM - 6:00 AM
Kahuku District Park
56-170 Pualalea St, Kahuku Map it
Already a participant?
Log in here
Total above may not reflect all participants, teams, and donations
UPCOMING CHALLENGE TO OUR TEAMS AND PARTICIPANTS
Come to our Thursday meeting to find out who won our Penny Wars Challenge and what new challenges are coming up! Relay Bucks earned will help you be able to pick on-site fundraising and campsites before others.
Next Team Captain Meeting
Thursday, February 13, 2014
6 - 7 PM
Papa Ole's Kitchen in Hau`ula (by Longs Drugs and Tamura's)
54-316 Kamehameha Hwy, #9 (click here for map)
TEAM CAPTAIN NEWS
Please CLICK HERE for our Team Captain Info Sheet.
Team Captain meetings help to orient new teams and excite veteran teams about our upcoming Relay. If Team Captains can't attend, please send a representative so you don't miss out!
LOCATION: Papa Ole's Kitchen - 54-316 Kamehameha Hwy, #9 (click here for map), Hau`ula
LOCATION: Kahuku District Park
Thursday, June 12, 2014 @ 6 - 7:30 PM (Team Captain & Committee Mahalo Party)
Committee Meetings will be held at 7:00 – 8:00 PM unless otherwise stated below.
LOCATION: North Shore Tacos - 54-296 Kamehameha Hwy (click here for map), Hau`ula
LOCATION: Kahuku District Park
UPCOMING CHALLENGES TO OUR TEAMS AND PARTICIPANTS
These challenges will be awarded on Thursday, February 13 at our Team Captain meeting.
HOW TO EARN RELAY BUCK$
- TEAM with MOST TEAM DONATIONS RAISED by the March 13 meeting at 6:15 PM (3rd = 1 Relay Buck$, 2nd = 2 Buck$, 1st = 3 Buck$)
- TEAM registers for Relay 2014 (1 Buck$)
- TEAM chooses a RELAY THEME for your TEAM (1 Buck$)
- Get a SPONSOR(s) for RELAY ($1 - $250 = 1 Buck$, $251 - $500 = 2 Buck$, $501+ = 3 Buck$)
LUMINARIAS (CANDLE-LIT BAGS): The top 3 individuals who sell the most luminarias online by 11:59 PM on March 12 will receive a Relay cup and cooler.
SEND EMAILS: Top 3 participants who send emails through their Relay Online Dashboard by 11:59 PM on March 12 will receive a Relay mug, cooler, and gel pen set.
Thank you so much for your commitment and passion that you give to the American Cancer Society through Relay For Life and other endeavors! We really appreciate you and would love for you to join us again. GOOOOOOOOOO RELAY!
Team Development Chair Kahea Toomalatai at (808) 753-8013 CL
Event Chair Don Porter at (808) 548-8444 CL or email@example.com
Staff Partner Michelle Hashimoto at (808) 741-5854 CL or firstname.lastname@example.org
UPCOMING DEADLINES & SAVE THE DATES:
* Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - COMMITTEE MEETING @ 7 - 8 PM, North Shore Tacos in Hau`ula (by Tamura's and Long's)
* Thursday, February 13, 2014 - TEAM CAPTAIN MEETING & ON-SITE FUNDRAISING/ACTIVITY SIGN-UP @ 6 - 7 PM, Papa Ole's Kitchen in Hau`ula
* Monday, March 10, 2014 - 1) sponsorship deadline for inclusion of t-shirt logo on participant t-shirts; 2) deadline to qualify for a guaranteed shirt size. Those who qualify post deadline may be able to get their shirts after Relay; and 3) submit signed Application for Temporary Food Establishment Permit to Kahea Toomalatai or Michelle Hashimoto so Michelle can go into town to process it for you.
* Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - COMMITTEE MEETING @ 7 - 8 PM, North Shore Tacos in Hau`ula (by Tamura's and Long's) - Deadline to submit VOLUNTEER t-shirt sizes.
* Thursday, March 13, 2014 - TEAM CAPTAIN MEETING & CAMPSITE SELECTION @ 6 - 7:30 PM, Papa Ole's Kitchen in Hau`ula - Campsite selection will be based on the amount of TOTAL Relay Bucks earned by March 13’s Team Captain Meeting.
* Monday, March 31, 2014 - Deadline to submit COMPLETED Department of Health stamped and signed Application for Temporary Food Establishment Permit to Kahea Toomalatai or Michelle Hashimoto.
* Wednesday, April 2, 2014 - TEAM CAPTAIN MEETING @ 6 - 7 PM, Kahuku District Park at park benches
* Wednesday, April 9, 2014 - TEAM CAPTAIN & COMMITTEE MEETING @ 6 - 7 PM, Kahuku District Park at park benches - Luminaria photos and dedications due for inclusion in Luminaria Ceremony slideshow.
* Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - TEAM CAPTAIN MEETING @ 6 - 7 PM, Kahuku District Park at park benches - In-kind donation deadline for inclusion of acknowledgement in event program.
* Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - TEAM CAPTAIN & COMMITTEE MEETING @ 6 - 7 PM, Kahuku District Park at park benches
* Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - COMMITTEE WRAP-UP MEETING @ 6 - 7 PM, Kahuku District Park at park benches
* Thursday, June 12, 2014 - TEAM CAPTAIN & COMMITTEE MAHALO PARTY @ 6 - 7:30 PM, Location: TBA
In the fight against cancer, silence is the last thing we need. Your local American Cancer Society Relay For Life event is a great place to take action and make noise. The Relay For Life movement features community and campus events that offer an inspiring opportunity to honor cancer survivors, promote how individuals can reduce their cancer risk, and raise money to help end cancer. Today, with the support of thousands of volunteers, the American Cancer Society is helping save more than 400 lives a day. And we won't stop until we finish the fight against cancer!