Participate in this Event or find another event
June 8, 2013 @ 4:00pm - June 9, 2013 @ 6:00am
Lake Rooty, 4991 Lake Brook Dr.
4991 Lake Brook Dr., Glen Allen Map it
Already a participant?
Log in here
Total above may not reflect all donations
As of 1:30pm on Friday, online registration and luminaria sales have been closed. Individuals will be able to register and purchase luminaria bags at the event. If you wish to purchase a luminaria but are unable to attend the event, please e-mail Ginny at email@example.com no later than 7pm on Saturday.
Please know that we are watching the weather closely and will notify participants via e-mail, Facebook, and the website should anything change. We look forward to Relaying come rain or shine!
Opening Ceremony: 4:00pm
Survivor Lap: 4:30(ish!)
Survivor Program and Reception: 5:30-7:00pm at ACS Office (4240 Park Place Ct., Glen Allen -- 2 miles from event site). Come hear from a VCU Faculty member and an ACS research grant recipient, followed by a warm dinner. Let us celebrate you!
Luminaria Ceremony: 9:00pm
Fight Back Ceremony: 5:30am -- join us for kickboxing!
- We will be having a slideshow of our loved ones displayed during our luminaria ceremony. If you have purchased or plan to purchase a luminaria bag online, please e-mail Cougar's Cubs Team Captain, April Romers, with a picture of your loved one to be displayed at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that a scanner will not be on-site during the event; if you want to ensure that your loved one's picture is displayed, please purchase one online prior to the event. Please e-mail Ginny at email@example.com if you have questions about bags that have already been purchased.
Survivor Program and Reception: We will be having a program and warm meal for each of our cancer survivors and one caregiver from 5:30-7:00pm. Please join us at the ACS Office (4240 Park Place Ct. -- 2 miles from venue) to hear from a VCU Faculty Member and ACS grant recipient on his journey to find a cure for cancer, followed by a warm dinner. Please encourage all survivors to register online at our website (www.relayforlife.org/richmondhenricova) for an accurate count on numbers. Let us celebrate you!
- We will be having a Silent Auction at the event, with donated items encouraged! If you donate an item or gift basket, your team will receive credit for the amount purchased. The more the merrier! Please e-mail Ginny at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- ACAC! Pay $25 for 25 days at ACAC including all of their amenities. Includes the Midlothian and Shortpump locations. Must start your 25 days by May 31st so sign up today! 100% of proceeds will be split equally between the RFL of Richmond/Henrico, Alzheimer's Association, and American Heart Association.
- Quaker Steak & Lube (8000 W. Broad St.) % Night: Come by any time TONIGHT and mention Relay For Life and 15% of your bill will go to the RFL of Richmond/Henrico!
- Quotes for Charity: Go see Team Captain, William Conner, for an insurance quote and he'll give a percentage back to the RFL of Richmond/Henrico! Contact him at William.Conner@LibertyMutual.com.
- Daylight Do(ugh)nuts!: Visit Daylight Donuts (10260 W. Broad) on Tuesdays leading up to June 8th, and a percentage will come back to the RFL of Richmond/Henrico! Now that's a sweet deal!
- Boxer Brief Battle 5k: We know that ALL of you will be at Relay on the night of June 8th, but where will you be in the morning? Come out for the Boxer Brief Battle 5k on June 8th at Rocketts Landing for an awesome FLAT 5k, with 50% of the proceeds benefitting the RFL of Richmond/Henrico! Visit www.HCB2.org for more information.
Event sponsored by: