Participate in this Event or find another event
Friday, May 03, 2013
6:00PM - 6 AM
Timberland High School
559 East Highway N, Wentzville Map it
Already a participant?
Log in here
Total above may not reflect all donations
Important update as of 5/2/2013: Hello Relay For Life of Western St. Charles Participants!!!
As you may have heard, Relay For Life of Western St. Charles has moved INDOORS this year into the TIMBERLAND HIGH SCHOOL GYMNASIUMS. I know this may seem disappointing, BUT, the Relay Committee and I promise you that it will still be as fun and heartfelt, though not as conventional, as a typical Relay. The weather forecasts a 90% chance of rain, so with 2 inches of rain expected tomorrow, Event Chair Teresa Durbala has made the executive decision to persist nonetheless, but bring all activities indoors. We will still have all of the traditional ceremonies, but the hours WILL be cut short from 6 pm-MIDNIGHT. Just make sure to arrive on time and have helping hands to assist with set-up. A few things to be edited on your day-of checklist:
* No tents needed
* Bring tables and chairs
* Bring tarps to cover the floor of your campsite (custodial services are only responsible for the gymnasium prior to Relay, we must keep it clean! :)
* DECORATIONS, DECORATIONS, DECORATIONS!! :) Though we are indoors, we still want the gymnasiums to SCREAM RELAY! :)
* Food and drink are still permitted, bring coolers, etc.
* Trash bags for clean-up (Windex, paper towels?)
* Friends and family
* ENERGY :) (Remember, though we are changing things up a bit, we are there to honor and pay tribute to the Survivors - we must stay upbeat for them!!! )
* We WILL be providing pizza later in the evening, Doughnuts, though, have been canceled.
* CASH for basket raffles and on-site fundraising :)
Campsites have been reassigned to mimic the original sign-up sheet. Some teams requiring electricity have been rearranged regarding the order to accommodate their needs. Ultimately, Mother Nature can't stop us cancer fighters!! So let's RELAY BIG!!
Attention all teams! Timberland High School asks that each team's campsite be accompanied by an adult (25 or older) at all times on the premesis of the event on May 3-4. If the team/campsite is not supervised by an adult, they will be asked to leave. So please ask a friend, neighbor, or relative to help out if you need someone to assist!
The journey to end cancer starts with a single step. The American Cancer Society invites you to take that step with us by joining the global Relay For Life movement. When you walk to end cancer at a Relay event, it's your opportunity to not only honor cancer survivors and remember loved ones lost, but also to raise awareness about what we can do to stay well from cancer and raise money to help fuel the world's largest walk to end cancer.