Global Heroes of Hope
A highly visible symbol of a personal victory over cancer, the Global Relay For Life Heroes of Hope and their stories encourage support of and participation in the programs of each international cancer organization.
More than simply inspiring us, cancer survivors and caregivers reaffirm the missions of our organizations and reinforce, in a personal way, the need for all of us to continue to fight back against cancer.
The Global Relay For Life Heroes of Hope survivorship initiative involves the selection of Heroes of Hope from Global Relay For Life participating countries. The initiative has three primary goals:
- To give each Global Relay For Life member country an opportunity to recognize one or more cancer survivors who have impacted their community
- To give one or more cancer survivors the opportunity to serve as a voice for their country’s cancer organization
- To encourage other cancer survivors to actively share their own cancer story and give hope to others
Would you like to lead the team or join the team?
This isn’t what I wanted.
Cancer has touched all of us in some way. And we want to stop this disease in its tracks. We'll spend the next few weeks fundraising for the American Cancer Society. Then, on the day of the event, we'll honor the lives lost to cancer, celebrate survivors, and support the caregivers who so selflessly help others.
Together, we'll be a part of making a difference in this important cause.
This tool allows event managers to edit sections of the event website. Here’s how:
- When you see the edit pencil icon, click it to enable edit mode for that section of the page.
- Use the in-line editor controls to make changes to the section.
- Use the save icon to save your changes and exit edit mode.
It’s that easy! Throughout the year, we’ll unlock more sections and add features to this tool in order to improve your ability to manage your event website.
Visit MakingStridesWalk.org/emcsupport for website management resources.