In order to save lives faster and move as a Relay community to saving 1,000 more lives per day from cancer, we need to expand the Relay movement. In 2012, our average New England Relay team consisted of 10 members, a decrease from an average of 11 members in 2011. The “13 in 13” Pack the Track Committee Challenge was designed to motivate us to work together to reach an average of at least 13 members per Relay team in 2013!
As a member of the American Cancer Society Relay For Life Committee, you’re already making a difference in the lives of those facing cancer. Because of your commitment, and the support of our donors nationwide, the American Cancer Society was able to provide these services last year:
• 250,000 free nights at our Hope Lodge facilities for patients and caregivers traveling for treatment
• Support for about 90,000 cancer patients from diagnosis through treatment with our free Patient Navigator Program
• Funding for 290 research and training grants that explore potential causes and cures for all cancers
• Provided free information and assistance around the clock to nearly one million people who called us for help and support
• Gave one million free transportation services to cancer patients and their caregivers
This year, we’re challenging you to help us take Relay For Life to the next level by encouraging your teams to increase their team size.
• If each team in New England recruits just one more member who raises $100, that’s an additional $1.25 million that will be used to fund groundbreaking research, deliver lifesaving information, and provide support and services to cancer patients and their families.
• Two more members per team would generate an additional $2.5 million
• Three more members would yield an amazing $3.75 million to support the American Cancer Society and the cancer patients who turn to them every day
Committees and Team can earn a chance to win prize packs for their efforts in helping to PACK THE TRACK in 2013!
Click on the links below for details: