We’re fighting for every birthday, threatened by every cancer, in every community.
You've helped us save millions of birthdays through Relay. Now make it official ... declare the American Cancer Society the official sponsor of your birthday.
Through community events like Relay For Life, we mobilize the world’s largest movement to to defeat cancer once and for all. We get results.
Are you an ACS Volunteer? Be a Brand Ambassador too!
When you wear your Relay gear, do you ever get asked what the American Cancer Society is all about? Our new branding campaign should help clarify.
Q. What does the American Cancer Society do?
A. You probably know that the American Cancer Society funds research to help find cures, but we actually do a lot more than that. We’re all about saving lives and we do that in many ways. We help people stay well by working to prevent cancer or detect it early, when it’s most treatable. We help people get well we’re here for anyone facing cancer with the resources and support they might need whenever they need it. We also fight back against cancer by working with elected officials to pass laws that defeat cancer and we bring communities together to join the fight. The bottom line is that with your help, we save lives and create more birthdays every day.
We want the American Cancer Society brand to radiate two qualities: joy and determination. How do we express that? Our new birthdays brand campaign uses three key points to talk about the Society’s lifesaving work:
We fight for everyone.
Cancer doesn’t discriminate; neither do we. We fight for every birthday threatened by every cancer, in every community. We fight so one day no one has to ever face cancer.
We combine wisdom with passion.
Our unwavering commitment is based on a century of experience. We turn what we know about cancer like how to prevent it into what we do. And we fight on every front, because lessons from one battlefield can mean victory on another.
We get results.
The list of accomplishments we’ve achieved with our more than 3 million supporters is long, but the bottom line is that more than 11 million cancer survivors and countless Americans who have avoided cancer are celebrating birthdays this year because of the progress we’ve made.
How do we talk about these four ways we save lives together? Here are a few examples:
- The key to celebrating more birthdays is to stay well.
- We save lives by helping people everywhere take steps to prevent cancer or detect it early, when it’s most treatable.
- Whether it’s helping you quit smoking, providing information on what cancer screening tests are right for you, or through simple tips to live a healthier lifestyle, we turn what we know about cancer into what we do about it.
- Whether it’s the middle of the day or the middle of the night, we’re in your corner around the clock to guide you through every step of your cancer experience.
- The American Cancer Society saves lives by helping people get well by providing information to help make decisions or free services like transportation to and from cancer treatment or a free place to stay while receiving treatment far from home.
- We know that every cancer patient is a fighter and we’re in the ring with you through every round. We help you fight for more birthdays.
- We have a long history of saving lives by helping find cancer’s causes and cures.
- Whether it’s discovering medications that help people live longer and better than ever, or pioneering and promoting the most promising cancer prevention or screening tests, we’ve been involved in nearly every major cancer breakthrough in the last century.
- As the world’s largest private funder of cancer research, we support the best ideas of the brightest cancer researchers, who with each discovery are getting us closer to a world with more birthdays.
- At its core, the American Cancer Society is a vigilant grassroots force of citizen-soldiers passionate volunteers who tirelessly seek to save lives from cancer.
- We work with lawmakers everywhere to make this world a healthier place to live and we rally communities around the globe to join our fight.
- Whether it’s passing smoke-free laws, increasing funding for cancer research, improving access to quality health care, or inspiring communities to take up the fight, we fight on all fronts, because the lessons we learn from one battlefield can mean victory on another.
- Through community events like Relay For Life´┐? and Making Strides Against Breast Cancer´┐?, we mobilize the world’s largest movement to to defeat cancer once and for all.